The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back...
The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back of a dump truck’s trailer north of Hobart.
Just before 2:30 p.m., the van’s driver exited Highway 18 and attempted to turn north onto Issaquah-Hobart Road, said State Patrol spokeswoman Kelly Spangler.
As it turned, the van struck the rear of a trailer that was being pulled by a northbound dump truck, she said.
Most Read Stories
- Billionaire Paul Allen pledges $30M toward permanent housing for Seattle’s homeless
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the first round
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
The van’s driver suffered severe head injuries and was in critical condition last night; his passenger underwent surgery for internal injuries, but his condition was not known, Spangler said. The driver of the dump truck was not hurt.
The men’s ages and hometowns were not released.