The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back...
The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back of a dump truck’s trailer north of Hobart.
Just before 2:30 p.m., the van’s driver exited Highway 18 and attempted to turn north onto Issaquah-Hobart Road, said State Patrol spokeswoman Kelly Spangler.
As it turned, the van struck the rear of a trailer that was being pulled by a northbound dump truck, she said.
Most Read Stories
- Calling their bluff: A Seattle doctor pegs what the GOP health bill is really about | Danny Westneat
- Investigators’ task to find out why U.S. destroyer failed to dodge cargo ship
- Police investigate officer who shot Charleena Lyles after he left Taser in locker
- Mike Hopkins beats out former team to secure Hameir Wright for UW men's basketball
- Kent police fatally shoot man after car chase
The van’s driver suffered severe head injuries and was in critical condition last night; his passenger underwent surgery for internal injuries, but his condition was not known, Spangler said. The driver of the dump truck was not hurt.
The men’s ages and hometowns were not released.