The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle's Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back...
The driver of a van and his passenger were taken to Seattle’s Harborview Medical Center yesterday after their vehicle slammed into the back of a dump truck’s trailer north of Hobart.
Just before 2:30 p.m., the van’s driver exited Highway 18 and attempted to turn north onto Issaquah-Hobart Road, said State Patrol spokeswoman Kelly Spangler.
As it turned, the van struck the rear of a trailer that was being pulled by a northbound dump truck, she said.
Most Read Stories
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Singer John Legend donates $5K to help cover Seattle’s school-lunch debt
The van’s driver suffered severe head injuries and was in critical condition last night; his passenger underwent surgery for internal injuries, but his condition was not known, Spangler said. The driver of the dump truck was not hurt.
The men’s ages and hometowns were not released.