KENNEWICK — An accident that injured the drivers of two semi-trucks is being blamed on a truckerwho reached for can of soda.
James Gill, 42, of Kennewick, dropped a can of soda on the floorboard of his 2010 Freightliner while driving on Interstate 82 about seven miles south of Kennewick just before 4 p.m. Friday, the Washington State Patrol said.
Officials said Gill then leaned down to pick up the can and struck a 2007 Freightliner driven by Edward A. Dimmick, 56, of Kennewick, WSP said.
Gill was treated and released at Kennewick General Hospital, according to hospital officials. There were no records of Dimmick being admitted, although WSP officials said he was transported to KGH.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
Gill faces second-degree negligent driving charges, WSP said.