Picking up passengers may be a little bit less hectic this holiday season at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. The airport has opened a free cellphone waiting lot, about a...
Picking up passengers may be a little bit less hectic this holiday season at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport.
The airport has opened a free cellphone waiting lot, about a two-minute drive from baggage claim. It’s located on South 170th Street in front of Doug Fox Parking.
The main goal is to cut down on traffic recirculating on the airport’s roadways and cars pulling off onto the airport expressway shoulders.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- Seahawks surprised by Cam Newton's first-play absence — and the reason
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Day 1 updates for the Mariners at the MLB Winter Meetings: And so it begins ...
Many drivers use cellphones to connect with arriving passengers to make sure they’re ready at the curb for pickup. But drivers sometimes may pull off the road to wait, sit in a nearby business parking lot or repeatedly drive around the airport roadway.
Now they can wait in the new lot for up to 30 minutes. Drivers have to stay with their cars in the lot. Taxis and limousines aren’t allowed.
Signs directing drivers to the new lot are up.
The lot which has only 15 spaces is being tried on an experimental basis. If the demand is big enough, the airport will consider finding a larger lot.