The King County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the double homicide of an elderly Renton couple in their home in the 16200 block of 145th Avenue Southeast.
The unidentified man, 82, and his wife, 80, are believed to be victims of foul play, Sgt. Cindi West said. The causes of death were not disclosed.
Saturday night, deputies said the couple’s car is missing and issued a statewide alert for a red 2001 Chrysler 300, Washington license plate 046-XXU.
The homicides were discovered after a relative visited the home and did not get an answer after repeatedly knocking on the door. She called the couple’s daughter, who arrived at the home and discovered the bodies shortly before 7 p.m., West said.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance