State transportation officials Saturday revised the detour options for motorists seeking to get around the stricken Interstate 5 bridge over the Skagit River.
Options for drivers vary, depending on their intended destination.
The options include two northbound routes, two southbound routes and a route for drivers headed to the Anacortes ferry terminal
The routes are marked, and are depicted on maps on WSDOT’s website at www.wsdot.wa.gov/construction/pugetsound/today.htm
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Even with detour routes in place, officials continue to recommend people avoid the area if possible because the detours cannot readily handle the volume of traffic the I-5 bridge did.
The damaged bridge was used by about 70,000 vehicles a day.