State transportation officials Saturday revised the detour options for motorists seeking to get around the stricken Interstate 5 bridge over the Skagit River.
Options for drivers vary, depending on their intended destination.
The options include two northbound routes, two southbound routes and a route for drivers headed to the Anacortes ferry terminal
The routes are marked, and are depicted on maps on WSDOT’s website at www.wsdot.wa.gov/construction/pugetsound/today.htm
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
Most Read Stories
Even with detour routes in place, officials continue to recommend people avoid the area if possible because the detours cannot readily handle the volume of traffic the I-5 bridge did.
The damaged bridge was used by about 70,000 vehicles a day.