The Washington State Patrol says a Skagit County man stole a deputy's SUV, while he was in custody, and crashed the vehicle into a tree.
The Washington State Patrol says a Skagit County man stole a deputy’s SUV, while he was in custody, and crashed the vehicle into a tree.
KOMO-TV reports (http://is.gd/oYrzt2 ) the Christmas day incident began with a call about a man acting strange near a home in Bow.
Trooper Keith Leary says a Skagit County deputy put the man in the backseat of his SUV police vehicle. While the deputy was interviewing neighbors, the vehicle sped away.
A few minutes later, a state trooper spotted the SUV and attempted to pull it over.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more
Most Read Stories
The driver led the trooper on a brief chase before crashing the brand new vehicle through a fence and into a tree.
The man was taken to a local hospital for a mental health evaluation.
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/