An Idaho pastor shot outside his church appeared on video to tell his congregation he’s recovering and will be back soon.
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — An Idaho pastor who was shot eight times outside his church’s parking lot has reassured church-goers that he’s OK and will be back soon.
KREM-TV in Spokane says Tim Remington recorded a three-minute video message that was played at The Altar Church’s Easter Sunday service.
The 55-year-old pastor thanked church members for taking care of him and his family and praised the community for being “a real church.”
It was first time the community had heard from Remington since the March 6 shooting. His video message was received with wild applause.
- Thinking of voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson? Here are their policy positions
- 6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza VIEW
- 50 years later, Bob Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysterious
- Will Seattle really become the next San Francisco? VIEW
- Microsoft says it’s planning to lay off 2,850 by end of fiscal year
Most Read Stories
The pastor was released from the hospital Friday and has been recuperating at home.
The suspect in the shooting, Kyle Odom, was arrested by Secret Service agents while allegedly throwing items onto the lawn of the White House. Odom is currently being held in jail in Washington, D.C., pending an extradition hearing.