An Idaho pastor shot outside his church appeared on video to tell his congregation he’s recovering and will be back soon.
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — An Idaho pastor who was shot eight times outside his church’s parking lot has reassured church-goers that he’s OK and will be back soon.
KREM-TV in Spokane says Tim Remington recorded a three-minute video message that was played at The Altar Church’s Easter Sunday service.
The 55-year-old pastor thanked church members for taking care of him and his family and praised the community for being “a real church.”
It was first time the community had heard from Remington since the March 6 shooting. His video message was received with wild applause.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- Mariners make multiple roster moves: Tom Wilhelmsen placed on the DL, Nori Aoki sent to Tacoma WATCH
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
The pastor was released from the hospital Friday and has been recuperating at home.
The suspect in the shooting, Kyle Odom, was arrested by Secret Service agents while allegedly throwing items onto the lawn of the White House. Odom is currently being held in jail in Washington, D.C., pending an extradition hearing.