The sheriff’s office is asking for the public’s help in identifying the body of a woman found Friday in the water off Vashon Island.
The King County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying the body of a woman found last week in the water off Vashon Island.
The body was spotted about 1:30 p.m. Friday by a man who was rowing about 150 feet off Manzanita Beach. The man rowed to shore and asked a neighbor to call 911, according to the sheriff’s office.
Thus far, detectives have been unable to identify the woman.
She is described as a white or Asian woman in her 40s, about 5-feet-1 and 120 pounds. She had no tattoos.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state
The woman’s hair was dyed brown and she was missing two upper front teeth.
The sheriff’s office says she was wearing a size small black sweater, 89th and Madison brand. She was also wearing a white and pink striped dress, sized 9/10. She also wore a small quilted black jacket, Lamour brand, and one gray glove.
She was also wearing a Carriage brand gold-face watch with brown leather band.
Anyone with information on the woman is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 206-296-3311.