The sheriff’s office is asking for the public’s help in identifying the body of a woman found Friday in the water off Vashon Island.
The King County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying the body of a woman found last week in the water off Vashon Island.
The body was spotted about 1:30 p.m. Friday by a man who was rowing about 150 feet off Manzanita Beach. The man rowed to shore and asked a neighbor to call 911, according to the sheriff’s office.
Thus far, detectives have been unable to identify the woman.
She is described as a white or Asian woman in her 40s, about 5-feet-1 and 120 pounds. She had no tattoos.
Most Read Stories
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett on Colin Kaepernick: 'I support him and all the stuff he's doing'
- High-tech images point to the valor of a sergeant left for dead
- Ex-Boeing CEO Stonecipher, wife, sue to keep dozen cats in 6,700-square-foot N.C. house
The woman’s hair was dyed brown and she was missing two upper front teeth.
The sheriff’s office says she was wearing a size small black sweater, 89th and Madison brand. She was also wearing a white and pink striped dress, sized 9/10. She also wore a small quilted black jacket, Lamour brand, and one gray glove.
She was also wearing a Carriage brand gold-face watch with brown leather band.
Anyone with information on the woman is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 206-296-3311.