: Police in Vancouver say two people were stabbed to death early Sunday and that they’ve arrested a person of interest
VANCOUVER (AP) — Police in Vancouver say a man has been arrested following a double homicide.
The Columbian newspaper reports that 35-year-old Dustin L. Zapel was identified as a person of interest following the stabbing reported at 1:30 a.m. Sunday. He was reported in custody by 9:30 a.m. after police released his name and picture to the public in an effort to find him.
It was not immediately clear if Zapel had an attorney.
Vancouver police said the investigation has only just started. They did not release further details of the crime or the deceased.
Most Read Stories
- 83-year-old woman sexually assaulted in SeaTac assisted-living facility; assailant sought
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Trade analysis: Mariners deal a top prospect in Tyler O'Neill but leave their biggest hole unfilled
- Illicit skatepark on Green Lake’s Duck Island: Cops called on bowl built in bird habitat WATCH