Detectives ask anyone with information on the man, who they believe is not a student, to call the campus police department.
University of Washington police are searching for a 24-year-old man who reportedly sexually assaulted a student in her residence hall.
Detectives began looking for the man, who they believe is not a student, after receiving a report Wednesday that he sexually assaulted the woman in her on-campus home last weekend, according to a news release from campus police.
The woman told authorities she first met the man through an online dating application, and after exchanging texts, the two agreed to meet, police said.
Authorities describe the man as white, 6 feet tall with a thin build and dark brown, “closely cropped” hair, according to the release.
Most Read Stories
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Complete coverage: Seahawks, Cardinals battle to 6-6 tie in NFC West showdown
- Huskies rise to No. 4 in AP poll, open as an 11-point favorite vs. No. 17 Utah
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Sunday night stunner: Seattle sports world reacts to Seahawks-Cardinals ending in a tie
University of Washington police ask anyone with information on the man to call 206-685-8973.