Tigard, Ore., police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle Saturday night.
TIGARD, Ore. — Police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle.
Tigard police spokesman Jim Wolf says the incident happened late Saturday as the Uber driver was taking an intoxicated passenger from Portland to Tigard.
The driver told police the man became verbally abusive during the ride and it escalated to physical contact. The driver stopped at a convenience store to get help. While he was inside the store, the passenger got behind the wheel and sped away.
Within minutes, police got a call that a drunken driver had crashed into a curb. Evidence at the scene led them to a nearby home, where they arrested a 31-year-old Tigard man.
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
The man was booked into the Washington County Jail on charges of intimidation, reckless endangering, driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.