Tigard, Ore., police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle Saturday night.
TIGARD, Ore. — Police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle.
Tigard police spokesman Jim Wolf says the incident happened late Saturday as the Uber driver was taking an intoxicated passenger from Portland to Tigard.
The driver told police the man became verbally abusive during the ride and it escalated to physical contact. The driver stopped at a convenience store to get help. While he was inside the store, the passenger got behind the wheel and sped away.
Within minutes, police got a call that a drunken driver had crashed into a curb. Evidence at the scene led them to a nearby home, where they arrested a 31-year-old Tigard man.
Most Read Stories
- There’s a reason why ‘rebound’ body odor flares, fades | The People's Pharmacy
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Seahawks' Michael Bennett on Colin Kaepernick: 'I support him and all the stuff he's doing'
- High-tech images point to the valor of a sergeant left for dead
- 737 engine tears apart during flight; jet makes emergency landing in Florida
The man was booked into the Washington County Jail on charges of intimidation, reckless endangering, driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.