Tigard, Ore., police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle Saturday night.
TIGARD, Ore. — Police arrested a man accused of assaulting an Uber driver and stealing his vehicle.
Tigard police spokesman Jim Wolf says the incident happened late Saturday as the Uber driver was taking an intoxicated passenger from Portland to Tigard.
The driver told police the man became verbally abusive during the ride and it escalated to physical contact. The driver stopped at a convenience store to get help. While he was inside the store, the passenger got behind the wheel and sped away.
Within minutes, police got a call that a drunken driver had crashed into a curb. Evidence at the scene led them to a nearby home, where they arrested a 31-year-old Tigard man.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
The man was booked into the Washington County Jail on charges of intimidation, reckless endangering, driving under the influence and unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.