19-month-old toddler died after she ran from her mother into the path of a truck in the Sunnyside Wal-Mart parking lot
SUNNYSIDE (AP) — Police say a 19-month-old toddler was killed after being struck by a pickup truck in a Wal-Mart parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Isabella Orozco was leaving the Sunnyside store with her mother just after 3 p.m. Saturday when she ran from her mother into the path of an oncoming pickup driven by a 68-year-old Prosser man, a Sunnyside Police report said.
First aid was administered on the scene by nearby witnesses, and the girl was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital. She was pronounced dead there shortly before 4 p.m., Yakima County coroner Jack Hawkins said.
The driver of the pickup remained at the scene and is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, police said.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- ‘A painful and frustrating experience’: Horizon Air scheduling havoc will continue into the fall
Washington State Patrol is assisting in the investigation.