19-month-old toddler died after she ran from her mother into the path of a truck in the Sunnyside Wal-Mart parking lot
SUNNYSIDE (AP) — Police say a 19-month-old toddler was killed after being struck by a pickup truck in a Wal-Mart parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Isabella Orozco was leaving the Sunnyside store with her mother just after 3 p.m. Saturday when she ran from her mother into the path of an oncoming pickup driven by a 68-year-old Prosser man, a Sunnyside Police report said.
First aid was administered on the scene by nearby witnesses, and the girl was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital. She was pronounced dead there shortly before 4 p.m., Yakima County coroner Jack Hawkins said.
The driver of the pickup remained at the scene and is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, police said.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Judge blocks Trump threat to withhold 'sanctuary city' funds VIEW
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
Washington State Patrol is assisting in the investigation.