19-month-old toddler died after she ran from her mother into the path of a truck in the Sunnyside Wal-Mart parking lot
SUNNYSIDE (AP) — Police say a 19-month-old toddler was killed after being struck by a pickup truck in a Wal-Mart parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Isabella Orozco was leaving the Sunnyside store with her mother just after 3 p.m. Saturday when she ran from her mother into the path of an oncoming pickup driven by a 68-year-old Prosser man, a Sunnyside Police report said.
First aid was administered on the scene by nearby witnesses, and the girl was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital. She was pronounced dead there shortly before 4 p.m., Yakima County coroner Jack Hawkins said.
The driver of the pickup remained at the scene and is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, police said.
Most Read Stories
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Nathan Hale's Michael Porter Jr. asks for release from Washington
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin VIEW
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?
Washington State Patrol is assisting in the investigation.