19-month-old toddler died after she ran from her mother into the path of a truck in the Sunnyside Wal-Mart parking lot
SUNNYSIDE (AP) — Police say a 19-month-old toddler was killed after being struck by a pickup truck in a Wal-Mart parking lot Saturday afternoon.
Isabella Orozco was leaving the Sunnyside store with her mother just after 3 p.m. Saturday when she ran from her mother into the path of an oncoming pickup driven by a 68-year-old Prosser man, a Sunnyside Police report said.
First aid was administered on the scene by nearby witnesses, and the girl was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital. She was pronounced dead there shortly before 4 p.m., Yakima County coroner Jack Hawkins said.
The driver of the pickup remained at the scene and is cooperating with the ongoing investigation, police said.
Most Read Stories
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Seahawk legend Cortez Kennedy dead at 48
- Blast at Ariana Grande concert in England kills 19 people VIEW
Washington State Patrol is assisting in the investigation.