King County sheriff’s detectives also seized five houses believed to have been purchased with the proceeds from marijuana sales.
Authorities say a tip led them to bust an illegal marijuana grow and the seizure of over 6,000 pot plants, 180 pounds of processed marijuana and $3 million in cash.
King County Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West said Wednesday that the tip from a citizen led investigators to a house in Newcastle, which sparked a five-month investigation.
West says detectives served search warrants at 27 locations in King County last week which resulted in five arrests on charges including manufacturing marijuana.
She says detectives also seized five houses believed to have been purchased with the proceeds from marijuana sales.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- UW cornerback Byron Murphy expected to miss 6 weeks with a broken foot