The 16-year-old girl said she was attacked near her home in the East Renton Highlands.
Update at 10:21 a.m. Friday: The King County Sheriff’s Office has released a sketch of the man suspected of the attack.
King County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the attack on a 16-year-old girl Tuesday in the East Renton Highlands.
The victim said she was stabbed with a small blade around noon in the 14100 block of West Lake Kathleen Drive. The girl said she was walking out of a small shop on her family’s property when a man standing outside the door stabbed in the stomach with an X-acto-type knife.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Clinton camp preparing for possibility Trump won't concede WATCH
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks
The girl fought with the man and was able to flee. She suffered minor injuries, the sheriff’s office said.
The man is described as white, about 30, 5 feet 9 and about 180 pounds. He had short, dark “spiky” hair and a small beard, the sheriff’s office said.
He was last seen wearing a dark shirt, dark pants and black gloves.