The 16-year-old girl said she was attacked near her home in the East Renton Highlands.
Update at 10:21 a.m. Friday: The King County Sheriff’s Office has released a sketch of the man suspected of the attack.
King County sheriff’s deputies are investigating the attack on a 16-year-old girl Tuesday in the East Renton Highlands.
The victim said she was stabbed with a small blade around noon in the 14100 block of West Lake Kathleen Drive. The girl said she was walking out of a small shop on her family’s property when a man standing outside the door stabbed in the stomach with an X-acto-type knife.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
The girl fought with the man and was able to flee. She suffered minor injuries, the sheriff’s office said.
The man is described as white, about 30, 5 feet 9 and about 180 pounds. He had short, dark “spiky” hair and a small beard, the sheriff’s office said.
He was last seen wearing a dark shirt, dark pants and black gloves.