The worker said he was stabbed after following the suspect out of the store.
A worker at a Federal Way Walmart was stabbed late Friday by a shoplifting suspect, according to South King Fire & Rescue and KING 5.
The employee was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, according to fire officials. No information was available on his condition.
The employee, a loss-prevention officer, said he followed a female shoplifting suspect out of the store, according to KING. He was stabbed in the abdomen, and bystanders stopped the suspect until police arrived, KING reported.
The store is at 34520 16th Avenue South.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- FBI investigating off-duty work by Seattle police at construction sites, parking garages
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur