WSP says man’s car left road and struck a sign early Sunday.
SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old Sunnyside man died Sunday morning when the car he was driving went off the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Jose D. Jimenez died at the scene of the accident, which occurred at 5:30 a.m. on Maple Grove Road about two miles northwest of Sunnyside, according to a State Patrol news release.
The 2003 Nissan Coupe that Jimenez was driving went off the road and struck a fence after he failed to stop at a stop sign, the patrol said. He was not wearing a seat belt.
A passenger, Luis A. Ramirez, 32, also from Sunnyside, was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital with undisclosed injuries, the patrol said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in “stable condition” late Sunday morning.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- Complete coverage: No. 5 Huskies roll to 41-17 victory over Oregon State Beavers VIEW
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Injury to sideline UW sack leader Joe Mathis against Oregon State
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The cause of the crash is under investigation.