WSP says man’s car left road and struck a sign early Sunday.
SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old Sunnyside man died Sunday morning when the car he was driving went off the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Jose D. Jimenez died at the scene of the accident, which occurred at 5:30 a.m. on Maple Grove Road about two miles northwest of Sunnyside, according to a State Patrol news release.
The 2003 Nissan Coupe that Jimenez was driving went off the road and struck a fence after he failed to stop at a stop sign, the patrol said. He was not wearing a seat belt.
A passenger, Luis A. Ramirez, 32, also from Sunnyside, was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital with undisclosed injuries, the patrol said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in “stable condition” late Sunday morning.
- 10 stabbed, beaten at white nationalist rally in California VIEW
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- The slave who taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey
- Locomotive derails on Seattle-bound Amtrak train; rail line shut down for hours
- ‘Microcosm of the city’: Garfield High principal navigates racial divide
Most Read Stories
The cause of the crash is under investigation.