WSP says man’s car left road and struck a sign early Sunday.
SUNNYSIDE, Wash. (AP) — A 24-year-old Sunnyside man died Sunday morning when the car he was driving went off the road, the Washington State Patrol said.
Jose D. Jimenez died at the scene of the accident, which occurred at 5:30 a.m. on Maple Grove Road about two miles northwest of Sunnyside, according to a State Patrol news release.
The 2003 Nissan Coupe that Jimenez was driving went off the road and struck a fence after he failed to stop at a stop sign, the patrol said. He was not wearing a seat belt.
A passenger, Luis A. Ramirez, 32, also from Sunnyside, was taken to Sunnyside Community Hospital with undisclosed injuries, the patrol said. A hospital spokeswoman said he was in “stable condition” late Sunday morning.
- Thinking of voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson? Here are their policy positions
- 6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza VIEW
- 50 years later, Bob Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysterious
- Will Seattle really become the next San Francisco? VIEW
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
Most Read Stories
The cause of the crash is under investigation.