The wounded deputy is expected to go into surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County sheriff’s deputy has been wounded and the suspected shooter killed during a standoff at a home in rural Colbert.
The deputy was taken to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center after the Monday night shooting and was expected to undergo surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
The Spokesman-Review says deputies were called to a home Monday evening on a report of a domestic-violence incident.
Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said the suspect came out with a gun and began firing. Knezovich said the suspect was killed at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- UW professor: The information war is real, and we’re losing it | Danny Westneat
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
Knezovich said this was the third time deputies had been called to the home to deal with domestic violence.