The wounded deputy is expected to go into surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
SPOKANE — A Spokane County sheriff’s deputy has been wounded and the suspected shooter killed during a standoff at a home in rural Colbert.
The deputy was taken to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center after the Monday night shooting and was expected to undergo surgery Tuesday to have the bullet removed from his shoulder.
The Spokesman-Review says deputies were called to a home Monday evening on a report of a domestic-violence incident.
Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said the suspect came out with a gun and began firing. Knezovich said the suspect was killed at the scene.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Portland mayor: ‘Heroes’ died protecting women on train from anti-Muslim rant VIEW
Knezovich said this was the third time deputies had been called to the home to deal with domestic violence.