One child is dead, two others hurt in accident at iconic Mack’s Inn resort after snow slid off a cabin roof
ISLAND PARK, Idaho — An Idaho sheriff says a 2-year-old girl was killed Friday night and two other girls remain in the hospital after they were buried by snow and ice that slid off a roof at a resort.
Fremont County Sheriff Len Humphries said Sunday that two 7-year-old girls — the sister and cousin of the younger child — were in fair condition at a hospital in Idaho Falls as of Saturday evening.
He says the girls were buried in a freak accident when several feet of snow and ice fell off a cabin at Mack’s Inn Resort, a popular destination about 20 miles west of West Yellowstone, Montana.
The sheriff says one of the fathers saw the snow fall and immediately started digging. He and other responders were able to quickly locate the older girls, but it took some time to find the younger child. The toddler died late Friday after being airlifted to an area hospital.
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area
- Michael Porter Sr. taking assistant job at Missouri; Michael Porter Jr. ‘98 percent' on decision