A passer-by reported that the victim, a woman, appeared to have been shot inside a home.
Seattle police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman Tuesday morning in a home in the Madison Valley.
A passer-by called police at about 9:20 a.m. to report that a woman appeared to have been shot in a house in the 2800 block of East Arthur Place.
Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and pronounced the victim dead. The age of the woman was not immediately released.
Homicide detectives are speaking with potential witnesses and collecting and processing evidence found at the scene, police say.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns
- Social-media speculation after Charleena Lyles shooting — and one thing people got wrong
Teri Rutherford, who lives next door to the house, said she didn’t hear gunshots.
The scene is just south of the Washington Park Arboretum, near East Madison Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way East.