A passer-by reported that the victim, a woman, appeared to have been shot inside a home.
Seattle police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman Tuesday morning in a home in the Madison Valley.
A passer-by called police at about 9:20 a.m. to report that a woman appeared to have been shot in a house in the 2800 block of East Arthur Place.
Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and pronounced the victim dead. The age of the woman was not immediately released.
Homicide detectives are speaking with potential witnesses and collecting and processing evidence found at the scene, police say.
Most Read Stories
- Family of girl snatched by sea lion lambasted for ‘reckless behavior’ WATCH
- I didn’t get it right with Seahawks’ Michael Bennett, and I apologize
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Blast at Ariana Grande concert in England kills 19 people VIEW
- What was that glowing orb that Trump touched in Saudi Arabia?
Teri Rutherford, who lives next door to the house, said she didn’t hear gunshots.
The scene is just south of the Washington Park Arboretum, near East Madison Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way East.