A passer-by reported that the victim, a woman, appeared to have been shot inside a home.
Seattle police are investigating the fatal shooting of a woman Tuesday morning in a home in the Madison Valley.
A passer-by called police at about 9:20 a.m. to report that a woman appeared to have been shot in a house in the 2800 block of East Arthur Place.
Seattle Fire Department medics arrived and pronounced the victim dead. The age of the woman was not immediately released.
Homicide detectives are speaking with potential witnesses and collecting and processing evidence found at the scene, police say.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field
Teri Rutherford, who lives next door to the house, said she didn’t hear gunshots.
The scene is just south of the Washington Park Arboretum, near East Madison Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way East.