Police are investigating incident in which a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire in South Seattle.
Seattle police detectives are investigating after a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire Sunday in South Seattle.
Detective Mark Jamieson said the victim’s injuries were not life-threatening.
The victim was in the 11200 block of 59th Avenue South about 3 p.m. when she was struck by gunfire, he said.
Police said she was transported to a nearby hospital where she was treated for her injuries. The hospital was not identified in a Seattle Police Blotter post on the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
Jamieson said detectives responded to the scene and were conducting their investigation.