Police are investigating incident in which a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire in South Seattle.
Seattle police detectives are investigating after a 15-year-old girl was injured by gunfire Sunday in South Seattle.
Detective Mark Jamieson said the victim’s injuries were not life-threatening.
The victim was in the 11200 block of 59th Avenue South about 3 p.m. when she was struck by gunfire, he said.
Police said she was transported to a nearby hospital where she was treated for her injuries. The hospital was not identified in a Seattle Police Blotter post on the shooting.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Thanks to Amazon, Seattle is now America’s biggest company town
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- Amazon’s new Bellevue bookstore shows brick-and-mortar ramp-up
Jamieson said detectives responded to the scene and were conducting their investigation.