A second robbery suspect is still on the loose.
A home-invasion robbery in South Everett turned into a fatal shooting and a police manhunt Saturday morning, authorities said.
It began around 4:45 a.m. when two masked men armed with pepper spray broke down the front door of a house in the 5700 block of Gothic Way, said Snohomish County Sheriff’s Lt. Monte Beaton.
The men demanded money from people in the living room, Beaton said. A roommate heard the disturbance from another room, saw what he thought was an armed robbery and starting shooting, Beaton said. One of the intruders was hit and died at the scene, and the other ran away, he said.
Police dogs searched the area and the sheriff’s office alerted local hospitals that they were on the lookout for someone who may have been shot. So far, the second man has not been found, Beaton said.
Most Read Stories
- Starbucks' Dragon Frappuccino is new 'secret' drink craze
- Marshawn Lynch takes out a full-page ad in the Seattle Times to thank fans
- First reaction: Seahawks select 6 players in second and third rounds of NFL Draft
- 2017 NFL draft: Live Seahawks updates from the final day, rounds 4-7
- Draft day delivery: Russell Wilson, Ciara announce birth of Sienna Princess Wilson
The man who died has not yet been identified and there is no description of the suspect at large. The roommate who fired the shots has not been arrested.
Other details, including whether the people inside the house were targeted, were not immediately clear.
“I’m sure they’re looking into every bit of it, to see if and what these folks were after,” Beaton said.