Police said the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405 before making contact with the boy.
Renton police are searching for a man who they believe tried to abduct a 6-year-old boy Monday afternoon.
The boy was walking near his 9-year-old brother in the 3400 block of Meadow Avenue North around 3:15 p.m. when the man approached the younger boy and grabbed his shoulder, police said.
Before making contact with the boy, the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405, police said.
When the 6-year-old screamed, the man “disappeared” back over the wall, according to a Renton police news release. A police K-9 unit was unable to find him, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- Latest study: Seattle’s wage law lifted restaurant pay without shrinking jobs
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- 90 degrees?! Heat wave expected in Seattle this weekend
Police describe the man as white, in his teens and 6 feet tall, with a thin build. They said he has brown or black hair, and he was wearing an orange jacket and orange shorts.
Investigators ask anyone with information on the man or incident to call 911.