Police said the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405 before making contact with the boy.
Renton police are searching for a man who they believe tried to abduct a 6-year-old boy Monday afternoon.
The boy was walking near his 9-year-old brother in the 3400 block of Meadow Avenue North around 3:15 p.m. when the man approached the younger boy and grabbed his shoulder, police said.
Before making contact with the boy, the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405, police said.
When the 6-year-old screamed, the man “disappeared” back over the wall, according to a Renton police news release. A police K-9 unit was unable to find him, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- ‘A painful and frustrating experience’: Horizon Air scheduling havoc will continue into the fall
- Seattle police after organizer cancels popular Magnuson Park movie nights: ‘The park is safe’
- Dining on roadkill: Washington residents gather 1,600 deer, elk in law's first year VIEW
Police describe the man as white, in his teens and 6 feet tall, with a thin build. They said he has brown or black hair, and he was wearing an orange jacket and orange shorts.
Investigators ask anyone with information on the man or incident to call 911.