Police said the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405 before making contact with the boy.
Renton police are searching for a man who they believe tried to abduct a 6-year-old boy Monday afternoon.
The boy was walking near his 9-year-old brother in the 3400 block of Meadow Avenue North around 3:15 p.m. when the man approached the younger boy and grabbed his shoulder, police said.
Before making contact with the boy, the man jumped from behind a soundwall bordering Interstate 405, police said.
When the 6-year-old screamed, the man “disappeared” back over the wall, according to a Renton police news release. A police K-9 unit was unable to find him, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Seahawks stadium chef John Howie apologizes, says transgender bathroom views were 'based on fear and not facts'
- Seahawks 27, Cowboys 17: Complete coverage of Seattle's third NFL preseason game
- Nine questions for the Seahawks as they take on the Dallas Cowboys Thursday night
- Convicted of assault and accused of rape, star player received raft of second chances VIEW
Police describe the man as white, in his teens and 6 feet tall, with a thin build. They said he has brown or black hair, and he was wearing an orange jacket and orange shorts.
Investigators ask anyone with information on the man or incident to call 911.