A woman told investigators the man pushed her to the ground and then sexually assaulted her in the 4700 block of 18th Avenue Northeast, University of Washington police said.
Police are looking for a man who reportedly sexually assaulted a woman near the University of Washington campus early Sunday.
The woman, who is not a student, told investigators the man approached her from behind in the 4700 block of 18th Avenue Northeast at 1 a.m., according to a University of Washington police crime alert.
The woman said the man pushed her to the ground and then sexually assaulted her, the alert says.
The Seattle Police Department is investigating the incident and asking anyone with information to call 206-625-5011.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Man arrested in attack on Metro bus driver
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
Most Read Stories
Under the Clery Act, which requires colleges to report crime statistics on or near their campuses, the university’s police department issued the safety alert, campus police Major Steve Rittereiser said.
“The fact that the suspect is out there creates a threat and opportunity to notify the community,” he said.
The police department issued a separate alert last week that campus police were looking for a 24-year-old man who allegedly sexually assaulted a student in her residence hall after the two met online.