Police have located two children who were reported missing in Lakewood on Thursday.
Update at 2:39 p.m.: Police have located the two children and they appear to be unharmed. The car has also been recovered.
Original story: LAKEWOOD — Police are searching for two missing children who were last seen in a car in Lakewood when their mother ran into a convenience store.
Lakewood police said in a news release Friday that 2-year-old Roman High and 2-month-old Arianne Castro were last seen at about 11 p.m. Thursday in the 10800 block of Pacific Highway Southwest.
Police say the children’s mother, Rachael High, went into a convenience store and when she returned the car and kids were gone.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Why Republicans can’t govern | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
Police describe the vehicle as a light blue 1991 Toyota Corolla with a broken window and tape covering the area where the window should be. Anyone with information about car or children’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.