Police have located two children who were reported missing in Lakewood on Thursday.
Update at 2:39 p.m.: Police have located the two children and they appear to be unharmed. The car has also been recovered.
Original story: LAKEWOOD — Police are searching for two missing children who were last seen in a car in Lakewood when their mother ran into a convenience store.
Lakewood police said in a news release Friday that 2-year-old Roman High and 2-month-old Arianne Castro were last seen at about 11 p.m. Thursday in the 10800 block of Pacific Highway Southwest.
Police say the children’s mother, Rachael High, went into a convenience store and when she returned the car and kids were gone.
Most Read Stories
- Amazon unveils smart convenience store sans checkouts, cashiers WATCH
- What national media are saying about UW Huskies in College Football Playoff, matchup with Alabama
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Seahawks surprised by Cam Newton's first-play absence — and the reason
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
Police describe the vehicle as a light blue 1991 Toyota Corolla with a broken window and tape covering the area where the window should be. Anyone with information about car or children’s whereabouts is asked to call 911.