A 47-year-old woman died after being shot Friday night. Yakima police said they are seeking a male suspect.
YAKIMA – A 47-year-old Yakima woman who died of a gunshot wound Friday night has been identified as Anna M. Hargett, Yakima County Coroner Jack Hawkins told The Yakima Herald on Sunday.
Authorities did not release the name until Sunday, saying they first needed to notify next of kin.
Hargett was shot “in her upper body” on the 1100 block of Roosevelt Avenue around 9:40 p.m. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday, Hawkins said.
The same bullet that hit Hargett also injured a 42-year-old woman, although Hawkins did not know her name or current condition.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle judge won’t immediately release ‘Dreamer’ from detention center
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- Sticker shock as much higher car-tab bills land in mailboxes
- Either invite us or not already | Dear Carolyn
Hargett’s death is the third homicide so far in Yakima this year.
A request for comment to the Yakima Police Department was not immediately returned Sunday morning.
Police said Saturday morning that a male suspect remains at large.