A 47-year-old woman died after being shot Friday night. Yakima police said they are seeking a male suspect.
YAKIMA – A 47-year-old Yakima woman who died of a gunshot wound Friday night has been identified as Anna M. Hargett, Yakima County Coroner Jack Hawkins told The Yakima Herald on Sunday.
Authorities did not release the name until Sunday, saying they first needed to notify next of kin.
Hargett was shot “in her upper body” on the 1100 block of Roosevelt Avenue around 9:40 p.m. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday, Hawkins said.
The same bullet that hit Hargett also injured a 42-year-old woman, although Hawkins did not know her name or current condition.
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- We just experienced warmest and driest summer ever recorded in Seattle
Hargett’s death is the third homicide so far in Yakima this year.
A request for comment to the Yakima Police Department was not immediately returned Sunday morning.
Police said Saturday morning that a male suspect remains at large.