A 47-year-old woman died after being shot Friday night. Yakima police said they are seeking a male suspect.
YAKIMA – A 47-year-old Yakima woman who died of a gunshot wound Friday night has been identified as Anna M. Hargett, Yakima County Coroner Jack Hawkins told The Yakima Herald on Sunday.
Authorities did not release the name until Sunday, saying they first needed to notify next of kin.
Hargett was shot “in her upper body” on the 1100 block of Roosevelt Avenue around 9:40 p.m. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday, Hawkins said.
The same bullet that hit Hargett also injured a 42-year-old woman, although Hawkins did not know her name or current condition.
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- 3 dead, 1 wounded in Oregon shooting; suspect arrested
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail
- Texas illegally curbs abortion clinics, Supreme Court rules
- Did Lorenzo Romar, Brandon Roy and UW’s recruiting of the Porter brothers cross the line?
Most Read Stories
Hargett’s death is the third homicide so far in Yakima this year.
A request for comment to the Yakima Police Department was not immediately returned Sunday morning.
Police said Saturday morning that a male suspect remains at large.