A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
Most Read Stories
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Watch: Seahawks' Russell Wilson pulls off incredible touchdown pass against Cowboys
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Seahawks starters finally looking strong, showing talent and balance against Cowboys
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.