A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- 3 dead, 1 wounded in Oregon shooting; suspect arrested
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail
- Texas illegally curbs abortion clinics, Supreme Court rules
- UW commit Parker Kennedy in ICU after being impaled by javelin
Most Read Stories
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.