A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Costco is testing a new burger in Seattle, and it might remind you of Shake Shack
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.