A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.