A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Voter alert: In 3 Washington counties, one stamp is not enough to return your ballot
- Chris Hansen pledges to go with all-private funding for proposed Sodo arena
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Will he chew gum? Japan wary of Philippine leader's visit VIEW
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.