A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
Most Read Stories
- Police think there might be more to road-rage killing of young dad in Federal Way
- DEA moves to ban kratom, frustrating both scientists and users
- Suspect tried to buy handgun at store just before mall shooting, owner says
- ‘Plan ahead, be ready’: Friday’s UW-Stanford rush-hour kickoff to be traffic challenge
- Is Port Angeles ready to realize its potential? | PNW Magazine VIEW
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.