A woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
A 40-year-old Pierce County woman was shot to death in front of her home Monday while her 5-year-old daughter was nearby.
Pierce County Sheriff’s Detective Sgt. Jerry Bates said Tacoma police arrested a 19-year-old man. They believe he was upset over a “bad breakup” with the woman’s teenage daughter.
Bates said the suspect also forced his way into the family’s home in the South Hill neighborhood and shot a dog inside.
The mother was driving home Monday morning when the man confronted her as she was leaving her car. She was shot several times.
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- White Sox lead protest against Mariners collecting 60 percent of visiting-clubhouse dues
- Sounders part ways with longtime coach Sigi Schmid
- Seattle-area home market hits new peak but shows signs of possible cooling
- More than 6 WSU football players named as 'persons of interest' in weekend party assault case WATCH
Most Read Stories
The detective said the 5-year-old was in the back seat of the car and wasn’t hurt.
The woman’s husband and teenage daughter were not home at the time.