Pierce County sheriff’s deputies fatally shot a man they say lunged at a deputy with a knife.
TACOMA (AP) — Pierce County sheriff’s deputies fatally shot a man they say lunged at a deputy with a knife.
Sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer says deputies responded Saturday morning after the man’s sister reported that the man had kidnapped his brother-in-law at knifepoint.
Troyer tells the News Tribune that the woman said her brother threatened to kill anyone who tried to stop him.
Deputies searched the area and found the man armed with a knife. Three deputies pointed their weapons at the man. Troyer says all three fired when the man lunged at one of the deputies.
Most Read Stories
- Please go fishing, Washington state says after farmed Atlantic salmon escape broken net
- Seattle-based crab boat found on Bering Sea bottom; lost since February with crew of 6
- What caused Seattle-based crab boat to sink with 6 aboard? Coast Guard hoping to find out
- Police: Elderly Seattle brothers spent lifetime collecting sexual images of children, sexually abusing young girls
- Wealthy wife of Treasury secretary gets snarky on Instagram
The deputies were placed on administrative leave.