Sage Cook, 15, and Isaac Cook, 9, were last seen at Los Angeles International Airport on Aug. 28. Their mother has been taken into custody on kidnapping charges.
Two young brothers missing from Bellevue since summer have been found in Mexico and safely returned home, the FBI reported late Friday.
Sage Cook, 15, and Isaac Cook, 9, were last seen at Los Angeles International Airport on Aug. 28. Their father, David Cook, of Bellevue, has full custody of the boys, and he contacted Bellevue police when the boys didn’t return. Authorities issued arrest warrants for their mother, Faye Ku, for custodial interference, among other charges, and sought her in Mexico.
The FBI’s Seattle Division and Legat Mexico City coordinated her deportation with Mexican authorities.
On Friday night, National Institute of Migration (INM) officers accompanied Ku to Los Angeles International Airport, where she was taken into federal custody. She is expected to appear in federal district court in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- Seattle rents now growing faster than in any other U.S. city
- Watch: 14-year-old uses drone to chase Camano Island boat thieves, police say WATCH
- Captured: John Reed, on the run since April slaying of Arlington couple