Cowlitz County says deputies and Kelso police had confronted the man, whose identity has not been released
KELSO. — Cowlitz County officials say police have shot and killed a man after he threatened them with a chain-saw.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says two of its deputies and one Kelso police officer were present during the confrontation about 20 miles east of Kelso early Sunday. It’s unclear how the confrontation occurred.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The deputies and officer were not injured. The Sheriff’s Office did not say who shot the man, and how many shots were fired.
Most Read Stories
- Russian hackers tried to access Washington’s voting systems, officials say
- California brain surgeon faces more child sex abuse charges
- Seattle’s real Spider Man sets us straight: They’re not out to get you VIEW
- Boeing seeks quick legal fix to stop Bombardier
- We just experienced warmest and driest summer ever recorded in Seattle
The case is under investigation.