Cowlitz County says deputies and Kelso police had confronted the man, whose identity has not been released
KELSO. — Cowlitz County officials say police have shot and killed a man after he threatened them with a chain-saw.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says two of its deputies and one Kelso police officer were present during the confrontation about 20 miles east of Kelso early Sunday. It’s unclear how the confrontation occurred.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The deputies and officer were not injured. The Sheriff’s Office did not say who shot the man, and how many shots were fired.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
The case is under investigation.