Cowlitz County says deputies and Kelso police had confronted the man, whose identity has not been released
KELSO. — Cowlitz County officials say police have shot and killed a man after he threatened them with a chain-saw.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says two of its deputies and one Kelso police officer were present during the confrontation about 20 miles east of Kelso early Sunday. It’s unclear how the confrontation occurred.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The deputies and officer were not injured. The Sheriff’s Office did not say who shot the man, and how many shots were fired.
Most Read Stories
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- Trump motorcade hit by 2x4, 5 students face charges
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
The case is under investigation.