Cowlitz County says deputies and Kelso police had confronted the man, whose identity has not been released
KELSO. — Cowlitz County officials say police have shot and killed a man after he threatened them with a chain-saw.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says two of its deputies and one Kelso police officer were present during the confrontation about 20 miles east of Kelso early Sunday. It’s unclear how the confrontation occurred.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The deputies and officer were not injured. The Sheriff’s Office did not say who shot the man, and how many shots were fired.
Most Read Stories
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Costco shifts again on sourcing olive oil
The case is under investigation.