Cowlitz County says deputies and Kelso police had confronted the man, whose identity has not been released
KELSO. — Cowlitz County officials say police have shot and killed a man after he threatened them with a chain-saw.
The Cowlitz County Sheriff’s Office says two of its deputies and one Kelso police officer were present during the confrontation about 20 miles east of Kelso early Sunday. It’s unclear how the confrontation occurred.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene. His name has not been released.
The deputies and officer were not injured. The Sheriff’s Office did not say who shot the man, and how many shots were fired.
- Seahawks would be crazy to let Pete Carroll, John Schneider walk
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- Democratic Party leader, Wasserman Schultz, resigns on eve of convention
- 2 teens killed, 3 injured in Edmonds crash
- Lawmakers object to the Library of Congress replacing the term ‘illegal alien’
Most Read Stories
The case is under investigation.