The suspect in the Renton shooting is a 21-year-old Kent man, the King County Sheriff’s Office said.
The man shot on a King County Metro bus remains in critical condition at Harborview Medical Center, a hospital spokeswoman said Wednesday.
The victim, 27, was shot by a fellow passenger around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday while the Route 169 bus was near Talbot Road South and South 21st Street, the King County Sheriff’s Office said. Witnesses said the victim and the other man were talking before the man pulled out a gun and fired, the sheriff’s office said.
The shooter walked to the front of the bus, pointed the gun at the driver and told him to stop the bus, the sheriff’s office said. The driver complied, and the gunman ran before authorities quickly arrested that person nearby.
It wasn’t immediately known whether, or to what extent, the victim and gunman know each other. The sheriff’s office said the suspect is a 21-year-old Kent man.
Most Read Stories
- Students frustrated trying to get into UW’s strict engineering program
- Officials say damage to sewage plant in Discovery Park is catastrophic
- Mexico City is a parched and sinking capital
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Downtown Eugene in ‘crisis,’ consultant says
The suspect is scheduled to make his first court appearance on Thursday.