Officials are investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded in Port Orchard.
PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap animal control is investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded near a Port Orchard Wal-Mart.
The Kitsap Sun reports that a Wal-Mart employee called animal control on Tuesday to report that the body of a small male dog was found in a parking lot near a wooded area near the store.
Rebekah Johnson of the Kitsap Humane Society says the dog appeared to have been dead for two to five days and had no identifying information. A necropsy found the dog was between 1 and 2 years old.
Animal-control officials say the person responsible for the dog’s death could face first-degree animal cruelty, a felony.
- 10 stabbed, beaten at white nationalist rally in California VIEW
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- The slave who taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail