Officials are investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded in Port Orchard.
PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap animal control is investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded near a Port Orchard Wal-Mart.
The Kitsap Sun reports that a Wal-Mart employee called animal control on Tuesday to report that the body of a small male dog was found in a parking lot near a wooded area near the store.
Rebekah Johnson of the Kitsap Humane Society says the dog appeared to have been dead for two to five days and had no identifying information. A necropsy found the dog was between 1 and 2 years old.
Animal-control officials say the person responsible for the dog’s death could face first-degree animal cruelty, a felony.
Most Read Stories
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Price tag zooms up for light rail across I-90 bridge: $225 million more needed
- Poutine is the new nachos: where to find the best versions in the Seattle area
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey