Officials are investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded in Port Orchard.
PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap animal control is investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded near a Port Orchard Wal-Mart.
The Kitsap Sun reports that a Wal-Mart employee called animal control on Tuesday to report that the body of a small male dog was found in a parking lot near a wooded area near the store.
Rebekah Johnson of the Kitsap Humane Society says the dog appeared to have been dead for two to five days and had no identifying information. A necropsy found the dog was between 1 and 2 years old.
Animal-control officials say the person responsible for the dog’s death could face first-degree animal cruelty, a felony.
Most Read Stories
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Costco shifts again on sourcing olive oil
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say