Officials are investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded in Port Orchard.
PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap animal control is investigating the death of a dog that was found skinned and beheaded near a Port Orchard Wal-Mart.
The Kitsap Sun reports that a Wal-Mart employee called animal control on Tuesday to report that the body of a small male dog was found in a parking lot near a wooded area near the store.
Rebekah Johnson of the Kitsap Humane Society says the dog appeared to have been dead for two to five days and had no identifying information. A necropsy found the dog was between 1 and 2 years old.
Animal-control officials say the person responsible for the dog’s death could face first-degree animal cruelty, a felony.
Most Read Stories
- New dad, on way to see baby, shot dead after road-rage incident, family says
- Colorado combats a new breed of drug traffickers
- Police: Man locked woman in shed, sexually assaulted her
- Seahawks should sit Russell Wilson vs. Jets | Larry Stone
- Why the Seahawks defense was so mad after Sunday's game WATCH