Police are investigating breakin in which one juvenile suspect was reportedly shot by a homeowner
YAKIMA (AP) — Yakima police are investigating after several masked suspects broke into a home and one was shot by the homeowner.
Yakima police say the suspects broke in at 4:40 a.m. Sunday. Both the suspects and the homeowner were armed.
The homeowner detained one of the suspects and shot at two others as they fled.
One of the suspects was struck in the chest and hospitalized in critical condition. Police say the suspects were juveniles.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Distracted-driving law in full effect for Monday morning commute
- Woman, 71, and terrier-Chihuahua named Yoda rescued after nearly week in Olympic National Park
The suspect’s vehicle was found nearby and two male passengers were detained by police.