Corrections officers fired two warning shots Monday afternoon to stop an attack on an inmate at the Monroe Correctional Complex, according to the state Department of Corrections.
The state Department of Corrections and Monroe police are investigating a fight involving inmates Monday at the Monroe Correctional Complex.
Correctional officers fired two warning shots around 1:20 p.m. to stop two offenders from attacking a third in the yard of the facility’s Washington State Reformatory Unit, according to the Department of Corrections.
Medics checked the victim at a hospital before he was returned to the prison, according to the release. No other injuries were reported.
Because of the incident, authorities canceled Monday evening visitations and programs and put the Washington State Reformatory Unit on restricted movement, according to the release.
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- Seattle rents now growing faster than in any other U.S. city
- Watch: 14-year-old uses drone to chase Camano Island boat thieves, police say WATCH
- John Reed, sought in slaying of Arlington couple, is captured in Mexico
Most Read Stories
The unit houses more than 700 medium- and minimum-custody offenders and is one of five facilities that are a part of the Monroe complex.