Corrections officers fired two warning shots Monday afternoon to stop an attack on an inmate at the Monroe Correctional Complex, according to the state Department of Corrections.
The state Department of Corrections and Monroe police are investigating a fight involving inmates Monday at the Monroe Correctional Complex.
Correctional officers fired two warning shots around 1:20 p.m. to stop two offenders from attacking a third in the yard of the facility’s Washington State Reformatory Unit, according to the Department of Corrections.
Medics checked the victim at a hospital before he was returned to the prison, according to the release. No other injuries were reported.
Because of the incident, authorities canceled Monday evening visitations and programs and put the Washington State Reformatory Unit on restricted movement, according to the release.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Voter alert: In 3 Washington counties, one stamp is not enough to return your ballot
- Chris Hansen pledges to go with all-private funding for proposed Sodo arena
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Will he chew gum? Japan wary of Philippine leader's visit VIEW
The unit houses more than 700 medium- and minimum-custody offenders and is one of five facilities that are a part of the Monroe complex.