Corrections officers fired two warning shots Monday afternoon to stop an attack on an inmate at the Monroe Correctional Complex, according to the state Department of Corrections.
The state Department of Corrections and Monroe police are investigating a fight involving inmates Monday at the Monroe Correctional Complex.
Correctional officers fired two warning shots around 1:20 p.m. to stop two offenders from attacking a third in the yard of the facility’s Washington State Reformatory Unit, according to the Department of Corrections.
Medics checked the victim at a hospital before he was returned to the prison, according to the release. No other injuries were reported.
Because of the incident, authorities canceled Monday evening visitations and programs and put the Washington State Reformatory Unit on restricted movement, according to the release.
Most Read Stories
- New dad, on way to see baby, shot dead after road-rage incident, family says
- Seattle proposes more density for some neighborhoods, releases maps
- Seahawks should sit Russell Wilson vs. Jets | Larry Stone
- Police: Man locked woman in shed, sexually assaulted her
- Authorities: School shooter killed father before rampage VIEW
The unit houses more than 700 medium- and minimum-custody offenders and is one of five facilities that are a part of the Monroe complex.