A woman and two men force their way into the couple's apartment in the Ashley Pointe Senior Living Community, before knocking the 71-year-old woman to the ground and punching the 77-year-old in the head.
Lake Stevens police are searching for a trio of thieves who assaulted and robbed an elderly couple early Thursday.
A woman and two men rang the doorbell to the couple’s apartment in the Ashley Pointe Senior Living Community, in the 11000 block of 20th Street Northeast, shortly before 5:23 a.m., according to a news release from Lt. Jeff Lambier.
When the 71-year-old woman answered the door, the group forced its way in and knocked her to the floor before stealing jewelry and small electronics, Lambier wrote.
One robber held her down by her hair as the other two sifted through the couple’s belongings, according to the release. The thieves also punched her 77-year-old husband in the head, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- Jury acquits 7 defendants in Malheur wildlife-refuge standoff
- Watch: Shots reportedly fired, 141 arrested at Dakota Access Pipeline protests WATCH
- Suspicious? Gay groomsman only one left out of rehearsal dinner | Dear Carolyn
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Group headed by Tim Leiweke interested in KeyArena renovation for NBA, NHL VIEW
Police said both victims have serious health problems.
The robbers’ faces and hands were covered during the break-in, so investigators have few details on their descriptions, according to the release.
Detectives believe the trio was driving a mid-1990s, 4-door Cadillac DeVille that’s silver or light gold, the release says.
The incident remains under investigation.
Lake Stevens police ask anyone with information on the break-in to call 425-334-9537 or its tip line at 425-377-3214.