The teenager’s 22-year-old cousin arrested Thursday, also in connection with the Auburn arsons.
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy Friday night in connection with a string of arson fires in Auburn. The boy’s 22-year-old cousin was arrested Thursday.
In September, police arrested a suspect in connection with two fires that appeared to be part of a string of arsons involving Dumpsters, flags and other items. But after a new series started — including 11 suspicious house fires and a handful of other blazes between October and November — fear spread throughout the community.
Police Cmdr. Mike Hirman said Saturday the teenager is suspected of setting at least six fires, two of which occurred at occupied residences, with his cousin or alone.
He was booked into the King County Detention Center.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Voter alert: In 3 Washington counties, one stamp is not enough to return your ballot
- Suspicious? Gay groomsman only one left out of rehearsal dinner | Dear Carolyn
- Chris Hansen pledges to go with all-private funding for proposed Sodo arena
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant