The teenager’s 22-year-old cousin arrested Thursday, also in connection with the Auburn arsons.
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy Friday night in connection with a string of arson fires in Auburn. The boy’s 22-year-old cousin was arrested Thursday.
In September, police arrested a suspect in connection with two fires that appeared to be part of a string of arsons involving Dumpsters, flags and other items. But after a new series started — including 11 suspicious house fires and a handful of other blazes between October and November — fear spread throughout the community.
Police Cmdr. Mike Hirman said Saturday the teenager is suspected of setting at least six fires, two of which occurred at occupied residences, with his cousin or alone.
He was booked into the King County Detention Center.
Most Read Stories
- Elizabeth Warren: ‘The next step is single-payer’ health care
- Seattle No. 1 in home-price growth again; starter homes require half of income
- Zillow vs. McMansion Hell: Seattle company not backing off fight with blog despite PR fiasco
- Washington lawmakers reach tentative state budget deal, but no details made public
- Ohio woman set on fire by ex-boyfriend in 2015 dies