The teenager’s 22-year-old cousin arrested Thursday, also in connection with the Auburn arsons.
Police arrested a 16-year-old boy Friday night in connection with a string of arson fires in Auburn. The boy’s 22-year-old cousin was arrested Thursday.
In September, police arrested a suspect in connection with two fires that appeared to be part of a string of arsons involving Dumpsters, flags and other items. But after a new series started — including 11 suspicious house fires and a handful of other blazes between October and November — fear spread throughout the community.
Police Cmdr. Mike Hirman said Saturday the teenager is suspected of setting at least six fires, two of which occurred at occupied residences, with his cousin or alone.
He was booked into the King County Detention Center.
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- Witnesses say WSU football players attacked two students
- Seahawks would be crazy to let Pete Carroll, John Schneider walk
- Live updates from the DNC: The boos are flowing at the convention
- Democratic Party leader Wasserman Schultz resigns on eve of convention