Fire officials are seeking the cause of the fire at the Everett espresso stand.
Updated post, 5:10 p.m.: Everett fire authorities said Friday they believe a propane tank in the coffee stand contributed to the blaze, according to a press release from the city’s fire department.
Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks said in the release the new finding came after reviewing surveillance footage. He said investigators have yet to interview the barista injured in the fire.
She remains at Harborview Medical Center in critical condition in the intensive-care unit as of 3:15 p.m. Friday, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
The fire department does not expect to release more details on the fire investigation until Monday, the release says.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Mariners make multiple roster moves: Tom Wilhelmsen placed on the DL, Nori Aoki sent to Tacoma WATCH
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Air Force Thunderbirds take flight this weekend at JBLM show
Original post: An Everett espresso stand caught fire Thursday evening, sending a barista to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, according to the city’s Fire Department.
The barista is in critical condition in the intensive-care unit, according to a hospital spokeswoman.
Fire officials have not determined what caused the blaze, which destroyed the stand and a nearby vehicle, according to The Herald.
The fire at the business at Fourth Avenue West and Southwest Everett Mall Way began shortly before 5 p.m. Fire authorities reported the fire was out around 6 p.m., according to tweets from the Fire Department and MyEverettNews.com.
The business, Saints and Sinners bikini coffee stand, is in the parking lot of a gas station, the Everett news site says.