Bellevue police took a 30-year-old man into custody on suspicion of felony domestic assault.
Police in Bellevue took a 30-year-old man into custody early Friday on suspicion of felony domestic assault after a standoff.
“It was basically a boyfriend-girlfriend situation. They got into an argument. There was some sort of assault,” said Officer Seth Tyler of the Bellevue Police Department.
Two women were able to leave the house, Tyler said. But the man refused to leave.
A SWAT team was called and Southeast Eastgate Drive was closed from 145th to 147th avenues southeast as police operated.
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- Live from DNC: President Obama: 'Hillary is ready' WATCH
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson featured in new Costacos Brothers poster
- City, having blown its chance for affordable units in apartment boom, is now deflecting blame
- ‘Boys in the Boat’ is now a PBS documentary, to air Aug. 2
Most Read Stories
The man was hiding in a shed, and he came out on his own before 7:30 a.m., Tyler said.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, had injuries that did not require hospitalization, Tyler said.