Bellevue police took a 30-year-old man into custody on suspicion of felony domestic assault.
Police in Bellevue took a 30-year-old man into custody early Friday on suspicion of felony domestic assault after a standoff.
“It was basically a boyfriend-girlfriend situation. They got into an argument. There was some sort of assault,” said Officer Seth Tyler of the Bellevue Police Department.
Two women were able to leave the house, Tyler said. But the man refused to leave.
A SWAT team was called and Southeast Eastgate Drive was closed from 145th to 147th avenues southeast as police operated.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Is Seattle a target for a North Korean nuclear attack? Well, not quite yet, insiders say
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch agrees to contract with Raiders, is traded to Oakland in exchange of 2018 draft picks
The man was hiding in a shed, and he came out on his own before 7:30 a.m., Tyler said.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, had injuries that did not require hospitalization, Tyler said.