Bellevue police took a 30-year-old man into custody on suspicion of felony domestic assault.
Police in Bellevue took a 30-year-old man into custody early Friday on suspicion of felony domestic assault after a standoff.
“It was basically a boyfriend-girlfriend situation. They got into an argument. There was some sort of assault,” said Officer Seth Tyler of the Bellevue Police Department.
Two women were able to leave the house, Tyler said. But the man refused to leave.
A SWAT team was called and Southeast Eastgate Drive was closed from 145th to 147th avenues southeast as police operated.
- 10 stabbed, beaten at white nationalist rally in California VIEW
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- The slave who taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- Locomotive derails on Seattle-bound Amtrak train; rail line shut down for hours
Most Read Stories
The man was hiding in a shed, and he came out on his own before 7:30 a.m., Tyler said.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, had injuries that did not require hospitalization, Tyler said.