Bellevue police took a 30-year-old man into custody on suspicion of felony domestic assault.
Police in Bellevue took a 30-year-old man into custody early Friday on suspicion of felony domestic assault after a standoff.
“It was basically a boyfriend-girlfriend situation. They got into an argument. There was some sort of assault,” said Officer Seth Tyler of the Bellevue Police Department.
Two women were able to leave the house, Tyler said. But the man refused to leave.
A SWAT team was called and Southeast Eastgate Drive was closed from 145th to 147th avenues southeast as police operated.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in Cascade Mall shooting arrested in Oak Harbor WATCH
- Suspect in mall shooting arrested; community mourns victims WATCH
- ‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff
- Why ‘whitesplaining’ is hurtful to people of color | Op-Ed
- Mariners suspend Steve Clevenger for remainder of season without pay after tweets on Black Lives Matter
The man was hiding in a shed, and he came out on his own before 7:30 a.m., Tyler said.
The victim, a 31-year-old woman, had injuries that did not require hospitalization, Tyler said.