Coeur d'ALENE, Idaho... Coeur d'Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun. Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing...
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — A Coeur d’Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun.
Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing a house at the Gozzer Ranch development near Harrison when co-workers found him with a nail from a nail gun piercing his skull, the Kootenai County sheriff’s office said Thursday. Huhtala, an employee of Edwards Construction, Inc., was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
The accident was being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the sheriff’s department said.
Fellow employees told investigators Huhtala was working alone and no one witnessed the accident.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail