Coeur d'ALENE, Idaho... Coeur d'Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun. Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing...
COEUR D’ALENE, Idaho — A Coeur d’Alene construction worker died after an accident involving a nail gun.
Damon Huhtala, 26, was framing a house at the Gozzer Ranch development near Harrison when co-workers found him with a nail from a nail gun piercing his skull, the Kootenai County sheriff’s office said Thursday. Huhtala, an employee of Edwards Construction, Inc., was taken to Kootenai Medical Center, where he died Wednesday evening.
The accident was being investigated by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration, the sheriff’s department said.
Fellow employees told investigators Huhtala was working alone and no one witnessed the accident.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law