On November 29, 2009 four Lakewood police officers were shot and killed down in a coffee shop in Parkland, a suburb of Tacoma, Washington. The Seattle Times has compiled our full coverage from the shooting as well as the following manhunt for the suspect Maurice Clemmons.
Anyone wanting to make a donation, volunteer at Tuesday’s memorial service, or seeking more information should e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, donations for the officers’ families are being accepted by the Lakewood Police Independent Guild Fund at P.O. Box 99579, Lakewood, WA, 98499 or visit the Lakewood Police Guild Web site for more information.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite