The Clark County medical examiner's office says a Vancouver woman and a Gresham, Ore., man both died of hypothermia after their kayak accidentally overturned in the Columbia River.
The Clark County medical examiner’s office says a Vancouver woman and a Gresham, Ore., man both died of hypothermia after their kayak accidentally overturned in the Columbia River.
They were officially identified Thursday as 51-year-old Teddi Ann Watanabe of Vancouver and 50-year-old Bradley James Lynch of Gresham.
The Columbian reports ( http://bit.ly/S9lxG2) there were no witnesses to the accident which happened around Christmas.
Watanabe’s body was found Dec. 28 in the Columbia River near the I-205 bridge at Vancouver. Searchers later found an empty two-person kayak washed up on Government Island, and Lynch’s body was found Wednesday in the water.
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- Seattle’s Panama Hotel deemed a National Treasure
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Columbian, http://www.columbian.com