The mountain climber who died from a fall Sunday near Monte Cristo in eastern Snohomish County was a 39-year-old Duvall woman, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office.
The mountain climber who died from a fall Sunday near Monte Cristo in eastern Snohomish County was a 39-year-old Duvall woman, according to the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.
The woman’s body was recovered earlier today, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The victim’s name has not been released by the Snohomish County Medical Examiner’s Office.
The woman and her climbing companion — a 39-year-old Duvall man — were climbing in a snow field when the woman lost her footing and fell about 700 feet over a cliff.
The man climbed down to where she fell and discovered her body. He made it back down to the Monte Cristo town site for help late Sunday afternoon.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- 'Hero' teacher tackles shooter at North Thurston High School
- Man arrested for carrying golf club sues city, Seattle cop
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- Jernard Jarreau leaving Washington
Most Read Stories
A helicopter was used to hoist rescue workers down to her body so they could bring her out in the helicopter, the Sheriff’s Office said.