A large fire in a wood pile at Cedar Grove Composting in Maple Valley caused no injuries, and company officials said there was no damage to property or danger to area residents.

Maple Valley

A large fire in a wood pile at Cedar Grove Composting in Maple Valley caused no injuries, and company officials said there was no damage to property or danger to area residents.

The fire, in the pile of wood reject pieces, was monitored by the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency, said spokeswoman Kimberley Cline.

Susan Thoman, with Emerald Services, which owns Cedar Grove, said the fire was caused by spontaneous combustion. Firefighters left the scene after the fire was contained and under control, she said.

Employees at the plant, on Cedar Grove Road Southeast, continued to separate the pile to keep it from smoldering, she said.