Authorities say a bullet fragment got lodged in a 4-year-old child's head after a drive-by shooting in Othello.
Authorities say a bullet fragment got lodged in a 4-year-old child’s head after a drive-by shooting in Othello.
The Tri-City Herald reports (http://bit.ly/10mp4SH) the bullet did not penetrate the child’s skull after Friday’s shooting. The fragment was removed at Othello Community Hospital and the child was released from the hospital.
Adams County Sheriff Doug Barger says the child and four family members were in a Cadillac around 7:00 p.m. when a brown car pulled up and fired multiple shots using a 9mm pistol. The family then drove about five blocks to their house while the suspects chased them.
Barger says no one in the Cadillac has gang affiliations, though the suspects may. He says police are searching for two males and a third suspect.
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
Most Read Stories
Information from: Tri-City Herald, http://www.tri-cityherald.com