The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in Cascade Mall shooting arrested in Oak Harbor WATCH
- Suspect in mall shooting arrested; community mourns victims WATCH
- Washington Huskies vs. Arizona Wildcats: Live coverage as UW opens up Pac-12 play
- Threatening mailer has Café Racer’s owner reliving nightmare | Danny Westneat
- ‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff