The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors VIEW
- Washington state relies on a rotten tax system | Jerry Large