The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- Man shot at UW no racist, friends insist, despite shooter’s claim
- We need real solutions to vehicle campers | Editorial
- Crowd comparison: Inauguration Friday and women's march Saturday
- Record Seattle crowd asserts women’s rights: 'Trump has galvanized everybody' WATCH
- Will Seahawks keep Luke Willson? That's among questions facing tight end position in offseason