The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- Complete coverage: No. 5 Huskies roll to 41-17 victory over Oregon State Beavers VIEW
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Injury to sideline UW sack leader Joe Mathis against Oregon State
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events