The fourth floor of the chemistry building at the University of Washington was evacuated while the Seattle Fire Department investigated a small chemical spill.
The Seattle Fire Department has sounded the all-clear after a reported chemical spill prompted part of the University of Washington chemistry building to be evacuated Friday morning.
The spilled material turned out to be mineral oil and posed no danger, according to the fire department.
The spill was discovered in room 412 by UW police. A fire department hazmat team investigated while the fourth floor was evacuated.
No injuries were reported.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns