Boeing Field's main runway was closed Thursday night after a cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass.
A cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass at Boeing Field at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday, King County spokeswoman Rochelle Ogershok said.
The pilot was the only person in the plane at the time and was uninjured.
The twin engine turbo prop plane apparently had a problem with its landing gear, Ogershok said. The county hasn’t yet determined what caused the landing problem, but it may be weather-related; strong wind gusts were still blowing through the Puget Sound area Thursday evening.
Boeing Field’s main runway was closed while crews moved the plane to a safe place, but its smaller runway remained open.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area