Boeing Field's main runway was closed Thursday night after a cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass.
A cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass at Boeing Field at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday, King County spokeswoman Rochelle Ogershok said.
The pilot was the only person in the plane at the time and was uninjured.
The twin engine turbo prop plane apparently had a problem with its landing gear, Ogershok said. The county hasn’t yet determined what caused the landing problem, but it may be weather-related; strong wind gusts were still blowing through the Puget Sound area Thursday evening.
Boeing Field’s main runway was closed while crews moved the plane to a safe place, but its smaller runway remained open.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite