Boeing Field's main runway was closed Thursday night after a cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass.
A cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass at Boeing Field at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday, King County spokeswoman Rochelle Ogershok said.
The pilot was the only person in the plane at the time and was uninjured.
The twin engine turbo prop plane apparently had a problem with its landing gear, Ogershok said. The county hasn’t yet determined what caused the landing problem, but it may be weather-related; strong wind gusts were still blowing through the Puget Sound area Thursday evening.
Boeing Field’s main runway was closed while crews moved the plane to a safe place, but its smaller runway remained open.
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- 2 young boys suffer 'significant' injuries in explosion in Enumclaw
- Defenses will have tough choices to make vs. Seahawks, tight end Jimmy Graham
- Car strikes 3 at Sasquatch festival; 1 serious injury
- FBI, police investigating Seattle officer in violent 2010 incident