Boeing Field's main runway was closed Thursday night after a cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass.
A cargo plane slid off the runway and into the grass at Boeing Field at about 6:45 p.m. Thursday, King County spokeswoman Rochelle Ogershok said.
The pilot was the only person in the plane at the time and was uninjured.
The twin engine turbo prop plane apparently had a problem with its landing gear, Ogershok said. The county hasn’t yet determined what caused the landing problem, but it may be weather-related; strong wind gusts were still blowing through the Puget Sound area Thursday evening.
Boeing Field’s main runway was closed while crews moved the plane to a safe place, but its smaller runway remained open.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls