A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
Most Read Stories
- Bothell High teacher made up story of attack, police say
- Seahawks stadium chef John Howie apologizes, says transgender bathroom views were 'based on fear and not facts'
- Nine questions for the Seahawks as they take on the Dallas Cowboys Thursday night
- Convicted of assault and accused of rape, star player received raft of second chances VIEW
- Seahawks 27, Cowboys 17: Complete coverage of Seattle's third NFL preseason game