A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
Most Read Stories
- Route 7 is one of Metro Transit’s most challenging bus lines, and driver Nathan Vass loves it VIEW
- WSU College Republicans leader steps down after being exposed as white-nationalist protester
- Bill Gates makes largest donation of Microsoft stock since 2000 with $4.6 billion gift
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Seattle rental applicants' criminal histories virtually off-limits under new law