A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say