A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
Most Read Stories
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch is never far from teammates’ memories WATCH
- Voter alert: In 3 Washington counties, one stamp is not enough to return your ballot
- Chris Hansen pledges to go with all-private funding for proposed Sodo arena
- Woman fatally shot by deputies on Muckleshoot tribal land was pregnant
- Will he chew gum? Japan wary of Philippine leader's visit VIEW