A Camano Island man has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
GARDEN CITY, Utah — Police say a Utah State University student from Washington state has died in a skiing accident in northern Utah.
The Cache County Sheriff’s Office says 18-year-old Tyson Lloyd Shoemaker of Camano Island crashed into a tree on Thursday afternoon at Beaver Mountain Ski Resort.
Lt. Mike Peterson said in a statement that witnesses called ski patrollers, who found Shoemaker unresponsive and were unable to revive him. Peterson said the state medical examiner’s office will determine Shoemaker’s cause of death
Police say Shoemaker was attending Utah State and living in Logan.
Most Read Stories
- Burlington mall shooting hits 'on a very emotional level' WATCH
- ‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff
- Why ‘whitesplaining’ is hurtful to people of color | Op-Ed
- Mariners suspend Steve Clevenger for remainder of season without pay after tweets on Black Lives Matter
- Mariners suspend Steve Clevenger after tweets on Black Lives Matter