Berkshire Hathaway shareholders will now be able to work off all the See's Candy and Dairy Queen treats they enjoy at the company's annual meeting with a 5k run.
Berkshire Hathaway shareholders will now be able to work off all the See’s Candy and Dairy Queen treats they enjoy at the company’s annual meeting with a 5k run.
Berkshire’s Brooks Running subsidiary announced plans for the fun run on Tuesday. The race will be held in Omaha on May 5 – one day after the annual meeting that routinely attracts more than 30,000 people.
Berkshire CEO Warren Buffett says he is challenging the managers of all of the conglomerate’s 80-odd businesses to participate. The 82-year-old Buffett will fire the starting gun and crown the winners.
Brooks will again sell a commemorative Berkshire Hathaway running shoe at the annual meeting that features a cartoon drawing of Buffett on the insoles.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
Most Read Stories
Follow Josh Funk online at www.twitter.com/funkwrite