Seattle and King County are hosting a gun-buyback event Saturday under Interstate 5 downtown. They will trade gift cards for weapons between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the parking lot between Cherry and James Street at 600 7th Ave.
Participants can receive up to a $100 gift card in exchange for working handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to a $200 gift card for assault weapons. In addition, they can receive additional gift cards for high-capacity magazines. Organizers plan to melt down weapons they collect.
Participants should put the firearms in the trunks of their cars or in locked containers. At the parking lot, they should leave the weapons in their cars or containers until they are accompanied by a uniformed Seattle Police officer.
Police armorers will be on site to determine if a weapon is intact and functional. More information can be found at: http://bit.ly/WAx4sT.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage