Seattle and King County are hosting a gun-buyback event Saturday under Interstate 5 downtown. They will trade gift cards for weapons between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the parking lot between Cherry and James Street at 600 7th Ave.
Participants can receive up to a $100 gift card in exchange for working handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to a $200 gift card for assault weapons. In addition, they can receive additional gift cards for high-capacity magazines. Organizers plan to melt down weapons they collect.
Participants should put the firearms in the trunks of their cars or in locked containers. At the parking lot, they should leave the weapons in their cars or containers until they are accompanied by a uniformed Seattle Police officer.
Police armorers will be on site to determine if a weapon is intact and functional. More information can be found at: http://bit.ly/WAx4sT.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Two high school football players hospitalized after serious game injuries