Seattle and King County are hosting a gun-buyback event Saturday under Interstate 5 downtown. They will trade gift cards for weapons between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the parking lot between Cherry and James Street at 600 7th Ave.
Participants can receive up to a $100 gift card in exchange for working handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to a $200 gift card for assault weapons. In addition, they can receive additional gift cards for high-capacity magazines. Organizers plan to melt down weapons they collect.
Participants should put the firearms in the trunks of their cars or in locked containers. At the parking lot, they should leave the weapons in their cars or containers until they are accompanied by a uniformed Seattle Police officer.
Police armorers will be on site to determine if a weapon is intact and functional. More information can be found at: http://bit.ly/WAx4sT.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney