Seattle and King County are hosting a gun-buyback event Saturday under Interstate 5 downtown. They will trade gift cards for weapons between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the parking lot between Cherry and James Street at 600 7th Ave.
Participants can receive up to a $100 gift card in exchange for working handguns, shotguns and rifles, and up to a $200 gift card for assault weapons. In addition, they can receive additional gift cards for high-capacity magazines. Organizers plan to melt down weapons they collect.
Participants should put the firearms in the trunks of their cars or in locked containers. At the parking lot, they should leave the weapons in their cars or containers until they are accompanied by a uniformed Seattle Police officer.
Police armorers will be on site to determine if a weapon is intact and functional. More information can be found at: http://bit.ly/WAx4sT.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft