William Jr. and June Boeing have given Seattle Children’s $1.5 million to help fund the hospital’s expansion for critical, cancer and emergency care, and to help support a rooftop terrace for patients and families.
To honor the gift, as well as the Boeing family’s eight-decade commitment to Children’s, the hospital will name the ground-level outdoor park the William Boeing Park and Garden Walk.
The terrace, geared toward reflection and emotional healing, will feature trees, shrubs and plants that will bloom year round and a deck that is easily accessible from the new cancer unit.
The Boeing family’s donations to Children’s began in the 1930s, according to the hospital. Helping fund the expansion, June Boeing said in statement, “is truly an honor for our family.”
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Bob Ernst fired after UW women’s rowers ‘lost confidence’ in him, dismissal letter said