William Jr. and June Boeing have given Seattle Children’s $1.5 million to help fund the hospital’s expansion for critical, cancer and emergency care, and to help support a rooftop terrace for patients and families.
To honor the gift, as well as the Boeing family’s eight-decade commitment to Children’s, the hospital will name the ground-level outdoor park the William Boeing Park and Garden Walk.
The terrace, geared toward reflection and emotional healing, will feature trees, shrubs and plants that will bloom year round and a deck that is easily accessible from the new cancer unit.
The Boeing family’s donations to Children’s began in the 1930s, according to the hospital. Helping fund the expansion, June Boeing said in statement, “is truly an honor for our family.”
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?