Whatcom County sheriff's deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
Whatcom County sheriff’s deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1nX7uTb) Canadian border authorities alerted the sheriff’s office Thursday afternoon to the discovery of the body on the U.S. side.
The sheriff’s office says the body appeared to have been in the ditch about two weeks. It is unknown if he was trying to cross into the U.S. or into Canada.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com