Whatcom County sheriff's deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
Whatcom County sheriff’s deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1nX7uTb) Canadian border authorities alerted the sheriff’s office Thursday afternoon to the discovery of the body on the U.S. side.
The sheriff’s office says the body appeared to have been in the ditch about two weeks. It is unknown if he was trying to cross into the U.S. or into Canada.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com