Whatcom County sheriff's deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
Whatcom County sheriff’s deputies believe a man whose body was found in a ditch along the U.S.-Canada border likely slipped or fell into the deep, muddy water.
The Bellingham Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1nX7uTb) Canadian border authorities alerted the sheriff’s office Thursday afternoon to the discovery of the body on the U.S. side.
The sheriff’s office says the body appeared to have been in the ditch about two weeks. It is unknown if he was trying to cross into the U.S. or into Canada.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School opens Thursday in Bothell
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com